I am an avid list-writer and thought a few lists might be a fun way for you to get to know more about me. Ready? Here goes …
Five Quick Facts:
- I was a high school English teacher and yearbook advisor for eight years.
- I kill green things – plants and trees beware!
- I have a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- I am addicted to chocolate and the sun. (And I’m starting to have this thing for purses and shoes.)
- I believe that all things fiction actually exist in some parallel universe. Seriously.
Musicians I Love:
- Dave Matthews Band
- John Mayer
- Mumford and Sons
- Indigo Girls
Movies I Love:
- Cruel Intentions
- Anything by John Hughes – think Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, National Lampoon’s Vacation . . .
- 50 First Dates
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Princess Bride
Books I Love:
- Twisted and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (okay, okay, ANYTHING by LHA)
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (okay, okay, ANYTHING by Gillian Flynn)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Wonder by RJ Palacio
TV Shows I Love:
- Breaking Bad (holy, ohmygoodness, I LOVE this show!)
- The Walking Dead (and Fear the Walking Dead)
- Criminal Minds (more twisted perfection!)
- Vampire Diaries (because, hello?, it’s awesome)
- Orange is the New Black (just everything about this series)
Things I Despise:
- Loud noise
- That unreliable part of unreliable people
- Anyone not wearing a seatbelt in a moving car (this drives me crazy!)
- Cold weather
Things I Love to Do:
- Walk in the woods
- Spend time in the sun (usually while reading or writing)
- Hang out with my family
- Do bookish things – read, write, brainstorm scenes
- Go to concerts
When I was a Teenager I . . .
- Worked at The Flying Pizza.
- Had no cell phone (these were the days before cell phones, people). But I had my own phone line in my bedroom.
- Didn’t have a car.
- Went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert.
- Wrote in my journal obsessively.